I’d really like for us all to knock it off with all this vegan/non-vegan shaming.
What we eat is our choice. If we choose to eat meat, that’s fine. We have a right to do so.
If we choose not to eat meat, that’s fine. We have a right to do so.
But- we do not have the right to bitch at others for what they choose to eat. This shit needs to stop.
The reason why people fight over this is because vegans are angry and know something needs to change in this world.
Personal choices are supposed to only affect you.
What color shirt I wear is a personal choice.
What music I enjoy is a personal choice.
What you eat is, in fact, a choice, but it is not a personal one because it has the ability to take the life from another being.
And therein lies the arguments because most of us live in a society in which taking another life is wrong, but yet it’s okay to kill one animal because we can.
It’s illegal if someone kills a kitten, and it’s true that people will be outraged by it. Even abusing a dog is a heinous crime here, but if someone kills a calf, no one cares because they want veal.
There’s also the fact that humans are naturally herbivores, and since we are not struggling for survival, we don’t need to eat meat, which is a privilege, when there are so many starving people in the world.
Not to mention, meat eating takes a huge toll on the environment. The cows being bred by huge scales are pumping methane into our air. The manure from the billions of animals are poisoning our water supplies. The chemicals being injected into these animals are being passed onto human beings and causing fatal diseases among us to the point where lifespans are being cut down shorter and shorter. Thus, causing the country literally billions of dollars in health care.
So, as you can see, it’s not just about what you eat. It’s about how what you eat is affecting everything and everyone around you.
I’m not trying to start a fight, as an omnivore, you probably aren’t even aware of these facts because the industry spends billions of dollars covering up the truth and baiting you into consuming their products because they don’t care about you, your health, your family, the animals, or the planet.
Vegans do, which is why we are trying to open the minds of ignorant omnivores. Each of us has a different method. Some are passive aggressive, some more rational, and some more forceful. But the “militant” vegans should not be berated for their actions. The reason behind their ways is anger and passion to try to save our insignificant little planet and all its inhabitants.
- missbrightredfeels likes this
- themainmane likes this
- mamitachvla likes this
- camirebolledok reblogged this from animalrightshumanwrongs
- dollyfin likes this
- ohsusquehanna reblogged this from chasingpictures and added:
- chasingpictures reblogged this from cherishthelies
- cherishthelies reblogged this from oldworlddilettante
- oldworlddilettante reblogged this from veganpussy
- fetalkitty likes this
- veganpussy reblogged this from nopietyjustpieandtea
- wewillfloaton reblogged this from chronicallyvegan
- lazydaydreamin likes this
- ithinkthereforeijam reblogged this from chronicallyvegan
- veganconfessional reblogged this from chronicallyvegan
- rachelinajolie likes this
- freespirit113 reblogged this from love-animals-go-vegan
- crazysillylifelove reblogged this from chronicallyvegan
- expandedcircle likes this
- ashleynicolemeadows reblogged this from theresnorevolution and added:
- love-animals-go-vegan reblogged this from chronicallyvegan
- theresnorevolution likes this
- rapturerinserepeat reblogged this from chronicallyvegan
- rapturerinserepeat likes this
- chronicallyvegan reblogged this from annekajust
- ambiehunibee reblogged this from annekajust
- trainingbarefoot likes this
- thisisbitch reblogged this from annekajust
- thisisbitch likes this
- annekajust reblogged this from animalrightshumanwrongs and added:
- radiant-health likes this
- cyanideangel likes this
- idgie reblogged this from animalrightshumanwrongs
- andicialuna likes this
- courtneywankenobi likes this
- takenoverbyrocknroll likes this
- charlielass reblogged this from nopietyjustpieandtea
- nopietyjustpieandtea reblogged this from animalrightshumanwrongs and added:
- veggiesandsecrets likes this
- letsmeetinourdreams likes this
- respectallanimals likes this
- johnnybubonic likes this
- porcedex reblogged this from animalrightshumanwrongs and added:
- baby-cow likes this
- baeteljess reblogged this from animalrightshumanwrongs and added:
- baeteljess likes this
- eco-before-ego likes this
- svetlana-trumper likes this
- idgie likes this
- andicialuna reblogged this from animalrightshumanwrongs